DATA PRIVACY & CONSENT POLICIES
The San Juan Alumni Association uses the following technology PRODUCTS, SERVICES to manage their internal and public facing Information Systems.
GoDaddy – Domain Names, Websites, Hosting for our SanJuanAlumniAssociation.org website. GoDaddy is the world’s largest and trusted domain registrar that empowers people with creative ideas to succeed online.
NeonCRM – Neon Customer Relationship Management (NeonCRM) Nonprofit Software and Tools –Increase Income, Memberships, Email Lists, and New Donors. See How Automation, Dashboards, Member Management & More Can Help Your Nonprofit. Comprehensive Reporting · Online Forms · Event Registration.
NeonPay – Neon Payment Platform – A simplified, flexible nonprofit payment platform. NeonPAY provides seamless payment management from a single system. This integral part of the Neon One ecosystem enables a unified payment structure across your Neon One platforms, saving you time, energy, and funds.
Constant Contact – Email Marketing Software – Constant Contact helps you spread the word through email, social media, SEO and other forms of online marketing—all from one place.
San Juan Alumni Association (SJAA) – Personal Information (Right to Know)
Disclosure of what personal information the San Juan Alumni Association, a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation will collect, use about you, and why we collected, used, shared that information.
- Personal information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household. For example, it could include your name, email address, records of products purchased, internet browsing history, and inferences from other personal information that could create a profile about who you are, your preferences and characteristics.
- The San Juan Alumni Association DOES NOT and WILL NOT sell INFORMATION to third parties.
- SJAA shares personal information with Neon One, LLC the Neon Customer Relationship Management (NeonCRM) system for system support and backup purposes.
- SJAA shares information with the Neon Payment Gateway – NeonPAY. For the purpose of processing Payments and Purchases submitted from either the Neon Customer Relationship Management (NeonCRM) and/or SJAA Websites.
- The categories and pieces of personal information collected:
- Names, Addresses, Emails, Phone Numbers.
- Information gathered from San Juan High School Yearbooks and publications.
- Information gathered from public internet websites (White Pages, Social Media, etc.) as well as publicly available information that is from federal, state, or local government records.
- The purposes for which the business uses the personal information:
- Information is used to communicate, collaborate, and build a vibrate community of San Juan High School graduates, former students, faculty, and friends of the San Juan High School.
- The record of names and addresses of the members of the SJAA shall institute the membership list of this California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation and shall not be used in whole or part by any person for any purpose not reasonably related to the San Juan Alumni Association and its member’s interest as a member. At the request of various San Juan High School Class Reunion Committee Chairpersons, the Alumni Association will make our membership data available for their use with the understanding that the Association Membership data cannot be used for any other purpose than to locate classmates. Any other use must first be approved by the Board of Directors of the San Juan High School Alumni Association.
Our goals include a scholarship program to encourage students to further their education, to keep in touch with their classmates, to preserve historic items and artifacts, and to support school activities.
We are particularly proud of our scholarship program. The Association awards a number of scholarships each year to graduating seniors. The scholarships are funded from dues paid to the Association and other donations. The Association also manages special trust funds for scholarships.
CCPA Regulations: Are You Required to Comply?
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives consumers more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them. This landmark law secures new privacy rights for California consumers, including:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared.
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
Businesses are required to give consumers certain notices explaining their privacy practices. The CCPA applies to many businesses, including data brokers.
- THE CCPA DOES NOT APPLY TO NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OR GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.
- For more information about the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) visit the official California Legislative Government webpage: California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018